We are thrilled to report that COLO-COHORT has officially recruited 4000 patients, doubling recruitment numbers from this time last year.
COLO-COHORT Co-Chief Investigator, Prof Colin Rees, has expressed his delight and gratitude at this achievement:
It is a huge milestone for COLO-COHORT to reach 4000 recruits. I want to say an enormous thank you to all of the teams who have done such great work in recruiting patients to this study.
In particular I am so grateful to all of the patients who have been prepared to join COLO-COHORT.
We are building one of the largest resources of its kind in the world and in the coming years we hope to be able to use it to make significant advances in how we assess and reduce people’s risks of colorectal cancer.
We would like to extend a huge thank you to the patients who have so graciously agreed to join our study, and to our brilliant recruiting sites for their tireless efforts which have made achievement possible.
Our recruiting sites are:
- Sponsor site South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust (South Tyneside District Hospital and Sunderland Royal Hospital)
- Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust (Darlington Memorial Hospital and University Hospital of North Durham)
- East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (Colchester Hospital and Ipswich Hospital)
- Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
- Manchester University (Manchester Royal Infirmary and Wythenshawe Hospital)
- NHS Golden Jubilee
- North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust (Cumberland Infirmary and West Cumberland Hospital)
- North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust
- Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust (Fairfield General Hospital, Rochdale Infirmary and Salford Royal Hospital)
- Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust (Diana, Princess of Wales Hospital and Scunthorpe General Hospital)
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
- St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
- West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust (Watford General Hospital and Hemel Hempstead General Hospital)
We would also like to thank our funders, in particular Parabola, Guts UK and the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, for supporting our COLO-SPEED research and making COLO-COHORT possible!
For more information on COLO-COHORT please visit the study page below.