We are delighted to announce that COLO-DETECT has now passed its second major milestone of recruiting 1000 patients into the trial and is now halfway to its target of 2000 participants!
COLO-DETECT opened to recruitment in March 2021 at our sponsor site South Tyneside and Sunderland Foundation Trust and all 9 sites have been recruiting to the trial since March of this year. These include:
- South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust (sponsor)
- Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust
- University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust
On behalf of the COLO-SPEED team, COLO-DETECT trial manager Alexander Seager has expressed his heartfelt gratitude to COLO-DETECT research delivery staff for their outstanding support with trial recruitment which has led to this impressive achievement.
“To have recruited 1000 participants in less than 18 months is a massive achievement,” he said. “Recruitment to non-covid research was not easy when we first opened in the midst of the pandemic, but research teams across all our sites really took up the challenge, and have flourished since research started to return to normal. We're hugely grateful for everyone's hard work and dedication and would like to thank them immensely.”
For more information on COLO-DETECT, please visit the study page below.