COLO-COHORT has officially recruited its first 1000 patients, doubling the number of patients recruited into the study in just 4 months!
We have seen a notable increase in recruitment rates this year, particularly since March 2021 when we announced reaching the milestone of recruiting our first 500 patients.
These impressive recruitment rates are partly due to the decrease in Covid-19-related pressures on clinical research, but mainly from the result of the successful opening of a number of new study sites, coupled with the outstanding support and commitment demonstrated by the research teams across all COLO-COHORT sites.
We would like to extend a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to the successful recruitment of our first 1000 patients! In particular, we would like to thank the research teams at our study sites:
- South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust
- North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust
- Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
We are incredibly grateful for everyone’s invaluable contribution to reaching this major milestone and are looking forward to working with sites as the study progresses!
For more information on COLO-COHORT, please visit the study page below.